Saturday, April 16, 2011

Incompetence and Stress

So, by having the Spinal Cord Stimulator implant it means that I have to have a technician that works with me.  They reprogram me when needed and are there to help me. Well, my favorite people left. I got to know Ariel very well. She was great and tried to always be there when I needed her. I worked with her since before I got the implant installed which was about 3 years ago. About 4 or 5 months ago I had heard that she quit.  I was sad but am happy to hear that she got an even better job. While I was working with Ariel, I was introduced to Chris.  We worked great together and he trusted me enough to let me take over on the computer and reprogram myself.  It was so freeing being able to fix it on my own and not rely on another person.  Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, I found out that Chris had quit, as well, and we do not know what happened to him.  The reason I know a lot of things is because I have gotten very close with my doctors nurse(Teri). I have spent so many hours at Slocum that I got to know some of the people. She is very cool and helps me any way she can.  So now that I have no technician I trust, I must go into surgery with a new guy I already don't trust.  I was supposed to see him on Thursday but he forgot and was out of town.  He also was 3 weeks late on taking a implant tack-down thing to show Phillips because Boston Scientific had just put out new ones.  So Phillips is already peeved with the guy.  With all of this, I gotta get to know him enough to feel comfortable having him there in my surgery.  I meet him on Monday. The day before I get cut open.  This guy better not screw up because I am not scared to turn him in for doing an inadequate job.  Plus, he got fired from Medtronics and Boston Scientific hired him. I'm wondering if they are just so low on staff that they are desperate. But it makes me stress because there is only one technician in this area and the range is pretty far on how many places he has to cover. It is scary to know that he may not be there when I need him. So, all in all, my appointment yesterday was a waste. Teri( the amazing nurse) got the charge for the doc visit reversed. And now I just pass the days as best I can. Distracting myself as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment